Monday 11 February 2013

Work Load!

Well today, I had a melt down with my work. I normally do some then give up, but today was it for me, I had a bad morning and when I got to school it seemed to just get worse and worse, this led to the unfortunate event of me going crazy and 'hitting the wall' as they say. The amount of coursework I have to do is colossal and the amount of time I have is minute. In fact I have now run out of time for most of my work and I have to hand it in and hope for the best. This is not good news.
 When I had my melt down, which was more impressive than normal I was told by my lovely boyf how to sort myself out. From no where he managed to chill me out and tell me what to do with my work. It was like a fish slap (in a good way) it knocked all the bad thoughts out of me and sorted me. All he did was tell me that I needed to take a step back and organise my things more. Make sure I spent more time on my work, getting rid of all my distractions and block out people that affect how I feel. Recently I have found it a lot harder to concentrate with my work, I don't know why, maybe because I have told myself I can't do it, but it's happened and I feel that I am doing badly. I managed to take History which is apparently the hardest exam for year 12... and then psychology which is so interesting but boggling as at the moment I have NO idea what we are doing in it.... I fear that my exams will not go well. I even said today that I am wasting my time being at school although I have contemplated leaving and getting a job my friends have convinced me to carry on and get my exams done. The work load was unexpected I have to say but I guess with the right mind I can do it, just like everyone else, it might be a struggle, but as long as I believe I can do it I should be able to. My friends are important for me because if they are there for me then I seem to be a lot calmer at school, but if something happens that rattles me then everything goes out the window for the day. This is why what my boyf says to me about my work means a lot to me, he is the only one that seems to know me well enough when I am completely stressed and he knows how to calm me! I am very grateful!


I guess what I am trying to get at in a backward way... is if you are in the same position as me, then confide in someone close, get them to help you because it really does work as long as they are there for you. Making you believe that you can do the work and do everything you need to do, everyone needs that push and help in their lives to keep them motivated! FIND SOMEONE PEOPLE!

1 comment:

  1. I rely on my therapist every week to sort out what's going on in my head and it's been quite a journey. It's changed my life. I highly recommend that everyone have a safe place where they can talk regularly.

    xoxo,
    Jules of Canines & Couture
    www.caninesandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete